Monday, October 17, 2011

HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago.

 One day I saw a sign that read,

 "Heaven's Grocery Store".

 I got a little closer, the door came open wide;

 And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.

I saw a host of Angels, they were standing everywhere;

 One handed me a basket and said.

 "My Child shop with care",

 Everything a Christian needed was in that Grocery Store; and

 all you couldn't carry, you could come back the next day for.

 First, I got some Patience, Love was in the same row.

 Further down was Understanding, you need that everywhere you go.

 I got a box or two of Wisdom, a bag or two of Faith,

I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost for it was all over the place.

 I stopped to get some  Strength & Courage to help me run the race,

 By then my basket was getting full,


But I remembered I needed some Grace.

 I didn't forget Salvation, for Salvation that was free.

 So I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.

 Then, I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill

 For I thought I had everything to do My Father's Will .

 As I went up the aisle, I saw a Prayer and, I just had to put that in,

 For I knew when I stepped outside. I would run right into sin, 


Peace and Joy were plentiful. They were on the last shelf.

Song and Praises were hanging near so I just helped myself.

Then, I said to the Angel,

 "Now how much do I owe you" .  He just smiled and said.

 "Just take them everywhere you go".

 Again, I smiled at him and said,

 "Just how much do I owe you"?

 He smiled again and said,

 "My Child, Jesus paid your bill a long long time ago".

No comments:

Post a Comment